Health Care Programs
School Meals Program: Our health care support programs involve the provision of over 1,000 School Meals a day with the following features:
- An increased food allowance in order to provide breakfast and lunch for all students during school days.
- A menu prepared by a qualified nutritionist to ensure the children receive a healthy and balanced diet.
- Provision of clean drinking water.
- A reasonable contribution by the school to the cost of the enhanced School Meal Program.
- Renovation, if necessary, of the kitchen and canteen areas, which are often in a state of disrepair.
Medical Checkups Program:
- Provision of annual medical checkups and eye tests for all children by doctors from Petcharat Hospital to monitor the impact of the School Meal Program on the health and well-being of the children.
- Child development testing for children up to the age of 6 years. This test is designed to identify children with special physical, learning or social interaction problems so that teachers can take special care of these children.
- First Aid training for teachers and provision of well stocked first aid rooms at each school.
- We also provide dental kits for all the children each term.
Physical Education Program: All our schools, with our support and encouragement, have made physical education a core part of the curriculum and recruited qualified physical education teachers.
Drinking Water Systems: Provision of upgraded drinking water systems and maintenance support.
Our educational support programs are focused on computer skills and basic English Language capability. We believe that if the children have computer skills and a basic English capability, their job prospects, when they leave school, will be much brighter.
English Language Program: We have recruited two Thai national English language teachers to support our schools. The main objective of this program is for the children to be able to speak, listen and understand simple sentences or questions in English conversation with confidence.
The purpose of this objective is vocational rather than academic and intended to enable the children to get a better job when they leave school.
The secondary objectives are to assist the efforts of the school directors and English language teachers to improve official English language exam results. And to develop the ability of the local English language teachers to conduct classes independently by adopting teaching methods used by the Bright Dawn teachers.
Computer Learning Facilities: We have installed computer classrooms in all our schools we presently support. These new facilities will allow the children to learn the basic computer skills and give them access to the internet and distance learning programs relevant to the subjects they study at school.
Each of the schools has made computer literacy a key part of their regular curriculum. All children are now given daily computer lessons.
Volunteer Teachers: We fund volunteer teachers to mitigate the problems caused by teacher staffing shortages.